Saturday, August 4, 2012

12 Months!

Veronica's adjusted birthday was on the 4th of August.  It's funny, I can't remember the due dates for most of my other children, but August 4th is a date I will always remember.  It's not as though she would have even been born on that day because I would have had a scheduled c-section prior to the 4th.  But I remember all of the time in the NICU, counting the days until August 4th arrived.  I think I also used that date in my mind to plan for Veronica's homecoming.  I remember telling myself, if not by August 4th, then surely she would be home soon after.  Being pregnant, one always plans their life around the baby's due date (or at least I did).  In a way, it felt no different with Veronica, even though she had been born 16 weeks earlier.

We were in Michigan on August 4th this year visiting Veronica's grandparents.  She finally got to meet some of her aunts, uncles and cousins for the first time.  As usual, we were terrible at taking photos.  But here she is cooling off on a very hot day.


And saying goodbye before making our way to Maryland.


No comments:

Post a Comment