Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting Closer

Veronica is getting very close to 4 lbs. This evening she weighed in at 1703 grams which is the equivalent of 3 lbs 12 oz. What's even more exciting is that when she reaches 1800 grams, or possibly even sooner, she will get to move out of the isolette into an open crib. This can't happen soon enough as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of the isolette and I'm tired of CPAP. And it doesn't look like the CPAP is going anywhere soon which is a little frustrating. I'm trying to be patient.....but it's getting tough. At least the good thing is that the CPAP is not hurting her and it's actually making her lungs stronger. But I just want her to get to the point that she no longer needs it. They are trialing her off the CPAP once a day now. Today she lasted 5 minutes. Maybe tomorrow we'll shoot for 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment