|My mom with Liesl and Theodore, November 2003.|
In memory of my mother, I would like to share some of the symptoms of ovarian cancer; having knowledge of these signs and symptoms could someday help save a life.
- Vaginal bleeding or unusual discharge
- Pain in the pelvic or abdominal area (the area below your stomach and between your hip bones).
- Back pain.
- Bloating, which is when the area below your stomach swells or feels full.
- Feeling full quickly while eating.
- A change in your bathroom habits, such as having to pass urine very badly or very often, constipation, or diarrhea. (http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/ovarian/basic_info/symptoms.htm)
These symptoms may be caused by something other than cancer, but the only way to know is to see a doctor. The earlier ovarian cancer is found and treated, the more likely treatment will be effective.