The plan is still for Veronica to be discharged on Friday despite her having an increase in desats over the past 24 hours - specifically when she feeds. She also had one brady (heart rate drop) which was self resolved. We were worried that these events might delay Friday's homecoming but the doctors aren't overly concerned at this point. She was given a diuretic today which should release any excess fluid in her body which could be impacting her breathing. And since the desats are occurring when she feeds, it may just be a matter of her learning to pace herself which is something we will have to work on with her. Although she may look like a full term baby now, we have to remember that she was born 4 months early and is still impacted by her extreme prematurity. The suck/swallow/breath reflex can still bechallenging at times because of her prematurity.
Tomorrow they will complete some blood work and if all looks clear, we will plan to take her home on Friday, which is in TWO DAYS. We're still waiting on the sleep study results and she still hasn't had the hearing screening, which should be tonight, or the MRI, which should be tomorrow. But none of these things should hold up her discharge, which, if I haven't already mentioned could be on Friday. FRIDAY - two days from now!!! We are so excited it's hard to think of anything else. Veronica's coming home!!!!!!